Calendar of Upcoming Community Events
• MVRBC Blood Drive: Wednesday, December 4; 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.; Saint Anthony’s Health Center, Lobby Conference Room. Free t-shirt to the firts 40 donors. Call 465-4511.
• The Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run: Saturday, December 7; 7 a.m. Registration; 8 a.m. Race Starts; Knights of Columbus Hall, Alton. For information, call 314-447-4883
• Heartsaver CPR & AED: Friday, December 6; 9 a.m. to Noon; Fee $35. Pre-registration required. Please call 618-465-2264.
• Saint Anthony’s Stroke Club: Wednesday, December 11; 6:30 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Hospital. For information, call 463-5259.
• Grief Support Group: Friday, December 13; 1 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Hospital, Heritage Hall. For information, call 463-5636.
• Non-Fasting Cholesterol & Glucose Screening: Tuesday, December 17; 12:30 to 2 p.m.; Lobby of Saint Anthony’s Health Center | Thursday, December 19; 12:30 to 2 p.m.; Lobby of Saint Clare’s Hospital. Fee: $10. For information or to register for either screening day, call 465-2264.
• Free Skin Cancer Screening: Wednesday, December 18; 4 to 6 p.m.; Saint Anthony’s Cancer Center of Excellence - Radiation Oncology: If you have a suspicious lesion or mole, attend this screening by Noor Ahmed, M.D., Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon. To register, call 465-2264.
• Tune in to WBGZ 1570AM Let’s Talk: Thursday, December 19; 11 a.m. Saint Anthony’s Registered Dietician Julie Collman will share her tips for making healthy food choices while enjoying the holidays, and making New Year Resolutions to keep you in good health!
• Coming in January! Freedom From Smoking: Begins Monday, January 6; 6 p.m., Saint Clare’s Professional Building, Auditorium. In conjunction with The American Lung Association – this free 8-week smoking cessation program is led by Tina Bennett, trained smoking cessation instructor. Participants will have the opportunity to receive a lung capacity screening on the first and last night of the program. For information, or to register, call 465-2264.