Calendar of Upcoming Community Events
· Men’s Health – Free Prostate Screenings in partnership with The 100 black Men of Alton: Saturday, May 4; 10 a.m. to Noon; Alton Acres Community Center; 316 Acorn Street, Alton | Thursday, June 6; 3 to 6 p.m.; Saint Anthony’s Cancer Center, Radiation Oncology. For men age 50 and over who have not previously been screened for prostate cancer. The screening includes a PSA blood test, as well as a digital rectal exam by James Piephoff, M.D., Board Certified Radiation Oncologist. To register for an appointment, call 465-2264.
· Saint Anthony’s Stroke Club: Wednesday, May 8; 6:30 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Hospital. Support for stroke survivors and their families. For more information: 463-5259.
· Grief Support Group: Friday, May 10; 1 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Hospital, Heritage Hall. Group for adults or families that have lost loved ones. For information, call 463-5636.
· Years of Change for Girls: Saturday, May 11; 10 a.m. to Noon; Saint Clare’s Professional Building; Auditorium. Free program designed for girls, ages 9 – 12, to be accompanied by an adult parent or caregiver. Registration required, please call 465-2264.
· Depression & Your Mental Health: Thursday, May 16; 6 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Professional Building Auditorium at 815 East Fifth Street in Alton. Joy Webster, M.D., a psychiatrist on the Medical Staff of Saint Anthony’s Health Center, will present “Depression and Your Mental Health,” in recognition of Mental Health Month. To register, please call 465-2264.
· Caring Circle Cancer Education & Support Group: Saturday, May 18; 10 a.m.; Saint Anthony’s Cancer Center, 815 East Fifth Street, Suite 303. This group is for women with any form of cancer. To register, call 474-4855.
· Look Good…Feel Better®: Monday, May 20; 10 a.m. to Noon; Saint Anthony’s Cancer Center; 815 East Fifth Street; Suite 303. In partnership with the American Cancer Society, this special program teaches women how to cope with appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment. To register: 465-2264.
· MVRBC Blood Drive: Wednesday, May 29; 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.; Saint Anthony’s Health Center; Lobby Conference Room. Free t-shirt for the first 40 donors. For information, call 465-4511.
· Free Skin Cancer Screening: Wednesday, May 29; 4 to 6 p.m.; Saint Anthony’s Cancer Center of Excellence - Radiation Oncology: Screenings performed by Noor Ahmed, M.D., Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon. To register for an appointment, call 465-2264.
· Non-Fasting Screenings for Cholesterol & Glucose: 12:30 to 2 p.m.; Tuesday, May 28; Lobby of Saint Anthony’s Health Center | 12:30 to 2 pm.; Thursday, May 30; Lobby of Saint Clare’s Hospital. Special Fee for Stroke Month: $5. For information or to register for either screening day, call 465-2264.
· Adult Day Care Support Group: Thursday, May 30; 1 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Adult Day Services; 915 East Fifth Street, Alton. Support group for families caring for loved ones with dementia, Alzheimer’s or chronic illnesses. Call 463-5333.