Calendar of Upcoming Community Events
• Spring Book Fair: Thursday, April 3 and Friday, April 4; 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day at Saint Anthony’s Cafeteria and Saint Clare’s Front Lobby. For information, call 465-2264.
• Healthcare Provider CPR: Monday, April 7; 10 a.m.; Fee: $37 | Heartsaver CPR: Monday, April 14; 10 a.m.; Fee: $35 | Heartsaver First Aid: Monday, April 28; 10 a.m.; Fee: $35.
Pre-registration is required. For information and to register, call 465-2264.
• Free Spirometry (Lung Capacity) Screening: 12:30 to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, April 8 at Saint Anthony’s Health Center; and on Thursday, April 10 at Saint Clare’s Hospital. Call 465-2264.
• Stroke Club: Wednesday, April 9; 6:30 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Hospital. Call 463-5259.
• Grief Support Group: Friday, April 11; 1 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Hospital. Call 463-5636.
• Years of Change for Girls: Saturday, April 12; 10 a.m.; Saint Clare’s Professional Building. Free program for girls, ages 9 – 12, to be accompanied by an adult. To register, call 465-2264.
• Freedom From Smoking Program: Begins Monday, April 14; 6 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Professional Building. This free 8-week session now includes free health screenings. To register call 465-2264.
• Prenatal Education ─ Breastfeeding Class: Monday, April 14; 7 to 9 p.m. Free for parents delivering at Saint Anthony’s Women’s Pavilion. Pre-registration is required by calling 465-2229.
• Lymphedema Support Group: Thursday, April 17; 6:30 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Professional Building. Facilitated by certified lymphedema therapists. Learn about treatment and self-care, while relating personal experiences with other members in the group. To register, call 463-5171.
• Caring Circle Cancer Support Group for Women: Saturday, April 19; 10 a.m.; Saint Clare’s Professional Building, Suite 303. Shannon Walker, Ph.D., will present: A Better Today: Gradual Improvements in Mind & Body. Continental breakfast provided. To register, please call 474-4855.
• Cassella Hospice Volunteer Training for Saint Anthony’s Hospice: Monday, April 21 & Tuesday, April 22; 5 to 9 p.m. each evening. Training in all aspects of hospice, including confidentiality, spirituality, communication, understanding of diseases and conditions, pastoral care, and bereavement. Light snacks provided. To register, or for information, call 618-463-5636.
• Non-Fasting Cholesterol & Glucose Screening: Tuesday, April 22; 12:30 to 2 p.m.; Lobby of Saint Anthony’s Health Center | Thursday, April 24; 12:30 to 2 p.m.; Lobby of Saint Clare’s Hospital. Fee: $10. For information or to register for either screening day, call 465-2264.
• WBGZ Radio 1570AM─Let’s Talk: Wednesday, April 30; 11 a.m.: Listen in as Julie Ashlock, RN, Director of Saint Anthony’s Women’s Pavilion, shares information on Saint Anthony’s state-of-the-art obstetrics care and making your birthing experience the experience of a lifetime!
• Free Skin Cancer Screening: Wednesday, April 30; 4 to 6 p.m.; Saint Anthony’s Cancer Center of Excellence - Radiation Oncology: If you have a suspicious lesion or mole, attend this screening by Noor Ahmed, M.D., Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon. To register, call 465-2264.