Calendar of Upcoming Community Events
• Freedom From Smoking 8-week Course Begins: Monday, September 8; 6 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Professional Building; Auditorium. Program includes free health screenings. Call 465-2264.
• Get Smart on Scams: Tuesday, September 9; 6:30 p.m.; Saint Anthony’s Perpetual Help Center. Seminar includes presentations from local business professionals, discussion period, light refreshments and free Identity Protection Packet. Valet Parking available. Call 465-2264 to register.
• Stroke Club: Wednesday, September 10; 6:30 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Hospital. Call 463-5259.
• Grief Support Group: Friday, September 12; 1 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Hospital. Call 463-5636.
• Free Spirometry (Lung Capacity) Screening: 12:30 to 2 p.m.; Tuesday, September 9 at Saint Anthony’s Health Center; and Thursday, September 11 at Saint Clare’s Hospital. Call 465-2264.
• Safety Programs: Heartsaver CPR: Monday, September 15; 9 a.m. to Noon: Cost $35 | Heartsaver First Aid: Monday, September 29; 10 a.m. To register for classes, call 465-2264.
• Papa John’s Fundraiser benefitting Saint Anthony’s Foundation: September 18 – 21; Save 30% off your entire regular menu price order when you present the special code, SAF30, at checkout; 20% of your purchase will be donated back to Saint Anthony’s Foundation! Call 463-5168.
• Look Good Feel Better: Monday, September 15; 10 a.m.; Saint Clare’s Professional Building; Suite 303. In partnership with the American Cancer Society, this free program is led by a cosmetologist and is open to all women undergoing cancer treatment. To register, call 465-2264.
• Lymphedema Support Group: Thursday, September 18; 6:30 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Professional Building. Facilitated by certified lymphedema therapists. To register, call 463-5171.
• Childbirth Fast Track Class: Saturday, September 20; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Jersey Community Hospital. Class is free when delivering at Saint Anthony’s Women’s Pavilion. Register: 465-2229.
• Caring Circle Cancer Education & Support Group for Women: Saturday, September 20; 10 a.m.; Saint Anthony’s Cancer Center, 815 East Fifth Street, Suite 303. Includes special guest speaker and continental breakfast. To register, call 463-5623.
• Non-Fasting Cholesterol & Glucose Screening: Tuesday, September 23; 12:30 to 2 p.m.; Lobby of Saint Anthony’s Health Center | Thursday, September 25; 12:30 to 2 p.m.; Lobby of Saint Clare’s Hospital. Special Fee: $5. For information or to register, call 465-2264.
• Free Skin Cancer Screening: Wednesday, September 24; 4 to 6 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Hospital. Noor Ahmed, M.D., Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon. By appointment – call 465-2264.
• Cancer Survivor Dinner: Thursday, September 25; 5 p.m.; Commons at Lewis & Clark Community College, Godfrey. All cancer survivors and their family members are invited to join us as we celebrate survivorship – red carpet style! Meet Saint Anthony’s Cancer Specialists and enjoy special entertainment by the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George. Register at 465-2264.
• Adult Day Care Support Group: Thursday, September 25; 1 p.m.; Saint Clare’s Hospital.