Saint Anthony's Adult Day Services
Saint Anthony's Health Center offers the River Bend area's only hospital-based, medically-supervised Adult Day Services program. Adult Day Services, located on our Saint Clare's Hospital campus in Alton, provides a secure, caring, family-like environment for your loved one.
The program is offered Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., with transportation available to those in Madison County. A physician's referral is not necessary for admission in to Adult Day Services at Saint Clare's, but the participant's physician is contacted to obtain a copy of the patient's history for the staff members.
A Plan of Care
Guidelines for referring to Adult Day Services
Developing a Dementia Care Plan
- Prescribed diets during snacks and lunch
- Medical treatments or tests if prescribed by a physician
- Health education and rehab maintenance
- Pastoral and spiritual support
- Music, art, recreation, reminiscence and group activities
- Stress management
- Adult Day Services follows standards set forth by the National Council on Aging, the Illinois Association of Day Care
- Providers and the Illinois Department on Aging
Adult Day Services offers not only respite for care givers, but also a special social support system. Every month, the staff members hold a Family Support Group meeting where the staff and family can get together and talk about ways to better care for their loved ones. The Family Support Group meets the last Thursday of each month at 1:30 p.m., in the Adult Day Services at Saint Clare's Hospital. Alzheimer's disease or other health-related problems can be very challenging. The support group members are able to address concerns and needs, and offer support and compassion to each other.
For more information on Saint Anthony's Adult Day Services, please call 618/463-5333.