What is a Patient Navigator?
Our Patient Navigator is a healthcare professional who is available to guide you and your family through the entire process of diagnosis and treatment at Saint Anthony’s Health Center. The Patient Navigator is a single point of contact who will be there with you every step of the way — to assist with scheduling initial tests and consultations, as well as collaborate with members of the medical team to ensure information is current and understood by all of the physicians, nurses and other team members. Patient Navigators help each patient and family members understand his or her cancer diagnosis and plan of care.
Saint Anthony's Breast Navigator
Tracy Phillips, RT
As a Patient Navigator, I provide personalized guidance to patients and their families through the entire process of diagnosis and treatment. My role is to:
- Coordinate your care with other healthcare providers throughout the system.
- Be a support for patients before, during and after procedures.
- Schedule appointments, referrals, etc., for patients.
- Serve as a resource to help patients better understand diagnosis and treatment.
- Collaborate with all members of the medical team to ensure the patient’s information is current and shared.
- Help you and your family connect with community resources.
For information or assistance, please call 618/474-6791.