Saint Anthony's Heart Center located at #1 Saint Anthony's Way in Alton, Illinois -- caring for your heart with advanced technology and a new Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
Cardiovascular Services Include:
- Angioplasty – Peripheral and Carotid Angioplasty
- Arterial Doppler
- Arteriograms – Peripheral, Renal, Carotid
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Stress Testing
- Echocardiography, including Stress Echo
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Holter Monitor
- Implantable Loop Recorder for arrhythmias
- Lytic Therapy for dissolving clots
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear Medicine Studies
- Pacemaker Implant and Pacemaker Clinic
- Stent Placement – Peripheral
Early Heart Attack Care - Recognize the signs and symptoms of Heart Attack or Stroke
Heart Disease and Women
All of our popular images and stereotypes tell us that heart disease is a man’s worry, but the facts tell us otherwise. Heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women in this country. More than half of fatal heart attacks each year happen to women (455,000 vs 410,000 for men). And at a time when the rate of heart attack mortality in men is declining, the death rate for women continues to climb.
One reason for the popular stereotype is that, because of hormonal differences, heart disease tends to strike women after menopause, an average of 10 years later than it does men. Read more about women and what they should know about heart disease.
For more information, call 618/47-HEART (618/474-3278).