Parish Nurse Services
What is a Parish Nurse?
A parish nurse focuses on the whole person to emphasize wellness, disease prevention and health promotion, including healthy spirituality. Care is based on the belief that health is growth toward well-being and emphasizes the inter-relationship of body, mind and spirit.
Roles of the Parish Nurse
* Integrator of Faith and Health - works to improve health of body, mind, spirit, community and creation.
* Health Educator - provides opportunities to learn about health issues.
* Health Counselor - Discusses health concerns, emphasizing early response to problems and encouraging healthy lifestyles.
* Referral Advisor - provides referral to healthcare and social services.
* Health Advocate - speaks out to help others obtain needed health services.
Services a Parish Nurse can provide:
* Help in accessing and navigating the health system
* Programs to promote healthy exercise and nutrition
* Education on health issues
* Support groups
* Health screenings
* Assistance to various ages
* Support for hospitalized parishioners
Contact Saint Anthony's Parish Nurse Office at 618/465-3803.